SATA-drivers for ASUS K8V Deluxe!

Hey guys!

I've been trying to make a WinXP Pro cd-rom, which holds SP2, Hotfixes, MP10 and my SATA-drivers. I have sucessfully created a Windows XP Pro disc, with SP2, Hotfixes and MP10 -> that was no problem and it works perfectly.

The problem is to make "integrate" the SATA-drivers to the XP-cd. I have used the RAID/SATA-driver Guide on MSFN and a guide from the topic: XP SP2 CD with Slipstreamed SATA/RAID Drivers.

------------------------------------------------------

First of all, some info: About my computer ect.

I have a ASUS K8V Deluxe motherboard and 1xSamsung Spintpoint 160GB SATA. This means Im using this SATA-driver provided by ASUS: Promise SATA378 Driver V1.00.0.26. This driver is available to several operating systems and Im using the one for WinXP, which holds following files:

ptipbm.dll

ULSATA.CAT

UlSata.inf

ulsata.sys

vssver.scc

------------------------------------------------------

This is how I have created my CD:

The CD holds all the "normal/default" files on a WinXP Pro disc with MP10, SP2 and Hotfixes. I know these files works and the cd can be used to install WinXP sucessfully. Apart from this I have created a destributionfolder, $OEM$ in the root of my cd and into this folder I have copied the driver-files listed above, that makes the folder structure as following:

'mycp-dic'\$OEM$\$1\drivers\000_378ata\

Then Ive edited my WINNT.SIF file as I have red in the guide. This is my WINNT.SIF file:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=yes
   OemPnPDriversPath="drivers\000_387ata"
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   FileSystem=*
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword="xxxxXXXXXXXXXX"
   EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=105
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
   FullName="Jonas"
   OrgName="Humlebo"
   ComputerName=Wuhtzu

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=1
   SystemLocale=00000409
   UserLocale=00000406
   InputLocale=0406:00000406

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=humlebo

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Then I have made a compressed copy of my ulsata.sys to the i386 folder, by using the following command:

MAKECAB D:\UA_WinXP\WinXP_SP2_MP10_EN_SATA_CD\$OEM$\$1\drivers\000_378ata\ulsata.sys D:\UA_WinXP\WinXP_SP2_MP10_EN_SATA_CD\i386\controller.SY_

After this i made some changes in the TXTSETUP.SIF, the values I have added is listed below:

[SourceDisksFiles]
ulsata.sys   = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373="ulsata"

[SCSI.Load]
ulsata = ulsata.sys,4

[SCSI]
ulsata = "WinXP Promise SATA378 (tm) IDE Controller"

Both the TXTSETUP.SIF and the WINNT.SIF is located in the i386 folder in the root of the XP-disc. All this is made into an ISO-file using cdimagegui.exe and then burned using Nero Burning Rom 6.

Now you are probably thinking; "whats the problem, it all sounds, if not great then okay". But the problem is, when I do boot up using this CD and the Windows install runs I get an error. The error appears when it tryies to load SCSI-drivers for then install, then it reports: The file ulsata.sys could not be found

Why do I get that error? I can't find the mistake! After reading through all the code, it still seems like I have given the right paths to the drivers and added the right values....

So; sorry for the very long post but it needed to be precise, and have any of you got a suggestion for solving my problem?

Wuhtzu

i looking with interest this , i need a solution too

at first sight you have an error there , or is just typing rush :

makes the folder structure as following:

;
[Unattended]

Thank you oneless; it wasn't a typing/rush mistake, I have actually made the mistake you are pointing at. So it is corrected now and ill try to install again very soon. I'll post as soon as I've tryed to install.

Another posible mistake Ive found, is this peace of code:

[SourceDisksFiles]
ulsata.sys   = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

Where is says 3_, it maybe should have been x_ or 1_. This is because that number tells the setup how many *.sys files are compressed into the i386 folder. Since Ive only compressed one file, ulsata.sys, it seems logical to use 1_, but if only one file is compressed you could as well just have copied the file in i386 manually, and then you are to use x_

So Ill try all 3 solutions and report back as soon as I know anything.

Wuhtzu

I got it working :thumbup I changed two things, the path oneless spoke about, i just couldnt see the difference between 000_378ata and 000_387ata :blushing: So when i changed it to the right paths in

[Unattended]

and

Im not sure if the changes above would have solved the problem all by them selves, because i changed the following line in [sourceDisksFiles] and made a manual copy of ulsata.sys into the i386 directory:

[sourceDisksFiles]

ulsata.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[sourceDisksFiles]

ulsata.sys = 1,,,,,,x_,4,1

Then it worked! B)