Win 98, 2000, Me, Xp, Longhorn!

Devil_666

LS has a very good point. Well said and if more people realized his point there would be less people bad mouthing Windows.

"Oh my God, I ran a 3rd party application and it crashed Windows. Windows sux." DUH!

"Oh my God, I downloaded warez from an unknown source and it crashed Windows. Windows sux." DUH!

"Oh my God, I am running a game coded for FAT 32 on my NTFS system and it crashed Windows. Windows sux." DUH!

"Oh my God, I paid $150.00 for WinXP Pro and my video card is incompatiable with it and it crashed Windows. Windows sux." ... Did you read the back of the box where it details the minimal requirements? Yea. Did you download the Windows Hardware Compatibility Wizard and run it before you paid $150.00 for XP? No. DUH!

Myself, I have experienced very few BSOD with all Windows Operating Systems. Win95 did have its moments I will admit. But XP is so stable it is unbelieveable. The only time I had a BSOD with XP was because of a bad stick of RAM. It was not XP that caused the BSOD. Its was hardware.

Now you say XP is too demanding on hardware. You have to have the latest hardware to run XP. No, this is far from the truth. The truth is someone snagged a copy of XP and are running it on something close to the quality of a Packard HELL built in the Pentium Pro era and they are trying to ... get thepicture.

Oh, and nice link FiLeR.

My XP only showed me the BSOD about 5times.. which is in all the time that I used it.. These were instances when I was messing with settings that go beyond normal.. Like overclocking/tweaking you're video card and cpu.. I've built several computers for people with XP installed, almost all of them vcalled me back thanking me for the job I did and I always ask em which they like better, (if they had an old os before that) they always said XP is just way beter and most of em also say its faster.. Never had any lockups/crashes on all the pc's I've built and fixed for other people...

My XP only showed me the BSOD about 5times.. which is in all the time that I used it.. These were instances when I was messing with settings that go beyond normal.. Like overclocking/tweaking you're video card and cpu.. I've built several computers for people with XP installed, almost all of them vcalled me back thanking me for the job I did and I always ask em which they like better, (if they had an old os before that) they always said XP is just way beter and most of em also say its faster.. Never had any lockups/crashes on all the pc's I've built and fixed for other people...

leet baby ... leet :)