Odd-Network Setup?

Hello,

I have a desktop and laptop. Each connect to my universities wireless network. Is it possible to have them connect to a router so that I can setup filesharing (at 100Mbps) but have each still connect to the universities wireless.

I am not really sure if that made sense, so let me try another way. In my room I do not have an ethernet connection. So could I just run a cat5 cable from each computer to the router and setup filesharing (using the router box as the bridge) but still have each computer connect to the wireless network?

Thanks

]Bonkers[

It makes perfect sense, but you may not even need a router. Personally I always like to avoid spending money becuase I am cheap so I try to use what is already there lol.

If both your machines have wired ethernet cards you could run a cat-5 crossover cable between them. Then all's you will have to do is make sure each machine is on the same workgroup and make sure you give them ip addresses in the same subnet.

If your machines don't have wired ethernet adpaters, then let me know and we'll do it another way. Hope this helps, Jon