WPI Runs with errors

Whenever i run wpi.hta, down the installation queue, i find the following error message :

Windows Post-Installation Wizard

Javascript Error report

url:file://k:\softbox\wpi.hta

file:generate.js

line:241

i use version 3.5.1 currently , but seeing this message right from version 3.3.

to provide some detail about my problem, here are few observations:

1. i run softwares from config.js script, then some cmd files like cleanup.cmd etc.

but my config.js is not running completely. after, say, appPerInstallWindow=25,

cleanup.cmd runs before all appWindow gets completed,thereby, rebooting my computer.

2. although it shows me error in line 241 in generate.js , but syntax of line 241 remains same in version 3.3 and 3.5.1

please help.

Would you please post your config.js file and userotions.js file?

Just add them a** attachments and remove any serials included.

kelsenellenelvian, here are attach cofig.js and useroptions.js archived in zip format.

just a few minutes ago i asked my wife where in real world she has seen someone's problem past 12 midnight is addressed or attended by someone at around 4 am in the morning. she blinked a few times and she can only blink.

thank you,kelsenellenelvian even if there is no solution to my problem. thank you, you touched my heart.

GOD YOUR APPS LIST IS HUGE!!!!!

LOL umm I cleaned up your confis file some please try the one I attached here.

P.S. I am almost always here to help. So no problem.

Are you using the standard generate.js file and if so do you have wpi.ico at the root of your disk or win51?

GOD YOUR APPS LIST IS HUGE!!!!!

LOL umm I cleaned up your confis file some please try the one I attached here.

P.S. I am almost always here to help. So no problem.

Are you using the standard generate.js file and if so do you have wpi.ico at the root of your disk or win51?

Yah, my application list is huge, but i aim to make a bootable DVD so that it contains all important softwares, though i seldom run wpi with select all option.

yes i use standard generate.js which is just part of wpi 3.5.1

my wpi is located inside my SoftBox folder which stands at the same level as i386 and $OEM$ folders.

for your better understanding i am sending my 'wpiscripts' and .cmd files in zip archive.

please check my files, Ken.

Little known fact about WPI is that generate.js needs to look for the same file that wpi.cmd looks for and since you have wpi.cmd looking for cd.txt generate.js needs to look for that file also. I modified yours to read this change and for future reference just open generate.js and look for wpi.ico or win51 and replace it with the proper context. (there are 2 spots)

Little known fact about WPI is that generate.js needs to look for the same file that wpi.cmd looks for and since you have wpi.cmd looking for cd.txt generate.js needs to look for that file also. I modified yours to read this change and for future reference just open generate.js and look for wpi.ico or win51 and replace it with the proper context. (there are 2 spots)

after around 7 months of roaming through this MSFN forum , i have completely missed this point and i think it is always discussed to include %CDROM% resource locator in WPI.cmd file. thanks, Kel , now my problem will be solved.

I am very glad that I could help you out.

Kel, i'll be extremely grateful to you if you don't throw away the zip archives that i have sent to you. in case, my problems don't get solved, i'll wait for your suggessions again. i'm telling this because with 128 MB RAM, i can Run Windows XP but can't run VMWare, so i've to build CD-RW with necessary changes and try again. Please, bear with me, Kel. Don't leave my Unattended XP CD unattended.

i've 1 question, the changes you made in generate.js are not in line 241, but the error message told me of error in line 241. Does line 241 is dependent on the 2 spots where you included CD.TXT?

again, in generate.js in around line 236-237, i find if j==appPerInstallationWindow, set it to 15 to avoid bigger size. now in line 239-240 there is a provision of j=0 , do i've to change it to j=15 or j=25, in case?

waiting for your kind response, line numbers are recollected from my fragile memory, inconvenience regretted.

thank you.

Okay for the apps per install window just go into useroptions.js and set the option to show the optional buttons to

var showOptBtn=true;

And the run wpi and go to the options wizard. That kind of option is in there.

again, in generate.js in around line 236-237, i find if j==appPerInstallationWindow, set it to 15 to avoid bigger size. now in line 239-240 there is a provision of j=0 , do i've to change it to j=15 or j=25, in case?

I would leave those alone.