nLite unattended - Do you have to start again?

Hi everyone

I managed to create an unattended Windows XP install cd today using NLite. I started with a original XP Pro SP2 OEM CD, copied all the files to my hard drive, slipstreamed RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack as per his instructions (from http://ryanvm.msfn.org/updatepack.html) Created an ISO image and installed it on a virtual VMWare workstation and everything was good. Later, I went back into NLite to make some minor changes to the ISO (a few windows tweaks I wanted) I skipped the integration settings and left everything else as it was, save for changing some windows tweak settings (show file extentions for know file types, and show all files) I made the ISO again, and tried to install it, this time however, it got as far as "Setup is copying files" then instead of resetting I got the following message:

"setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal setup error"

I went back into NLite and changed the settings back to what they were, made another ISO and tried again, same error, I then went back into Nlite again and did the integration step again, same error. Frustrated, I deleted all the files from the XP directory and copied everything over and started from scratch. This time it worked.

Why do you have to start from scratch like that? It takes a long time to integrate all the service packs and hotfixes, surely there is a better way than having to copy everything over again when you make a small change, or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I just tried again to modify a setting using the new setup I created, same problem with that too. Dissapointing having to start again each time maybe this will be fixed in a later version?