Winamp 5.0.91 Test MSI

Alanoll

I say test because it's not quite finished. The latest Winamp 5.091 includes updated WMP DRM codecs, and I don't have any DRMed music files.

So yeah....test away. Also besure to test the Sonic Burning stuff as well.

For CDDB to work, you'll need to set internet Always On.

Winamp MSI

Don't worry about switches yet, I'm just getting the internals working (I gutted it).

DON'T use it for your Unattended disc.

well yea but this is for testing.he still working out the kinks.hence the word in the thread "Test".

How can i test it outside my unattended disc?

well yea but this is for testing.he still working out the kinks.hence the word in the thread "Test".

How can i test it outside my unattended disc?

Just install it as normal on a up and running system. I'm mainly checking to make sure I have the files that need registering correctly and such. I know the switches and things work, I'm just making sure that Sonic and WMA and other little tidbits are working correctly.

So really, just remove any prior version of Winamp installed (regardless of MSI or original Nullsoft installer), and install this MSI on your current system. Then try and play a DRM'ed WMA file, Play an AudioCD and see if CDDB works properly (it connects to the net and retrieves track info), and try and burn a couple of MP3 or something using the Media Library which would test the Sonic Burning plugin.

Essentially, if it plays those files just fine and dandy ... or if you're like me and you don't have, and have no intention of getting, those files, then it should be a-okay to put this on your unattended disc, correct?

I just wanna make sure there's not something else that I could possibly be missing. I plan on finalizing my unattended disc tomorrow night. So if you don't have a final release by then, there shouldn't be any problems with me using this, right? I just don't wanna use the v509 MSI that the other guy made because it places the shortcut in "start->programs->multimedia" I think that's stupid.

PS-

Would you be as so kind to post your switches?

PS-

Would you be as so kind to post your switches?

How bout this...

if no one reports anything wrong in the next 5 hours (so about 23:00 GMT (4-5 o'clock EST)), I hunt down what mistakes I can, then do a full release.

Speaking of, what's really funny.....my 5.0.8 installed the Advanced Visual Studio whenever ANYTHING in the Visualization section was select, but no one said anything about it.... :P