Few Questions.

After reading the UnattendedGuide and under the adding of applications im still confused.

1)So you put the location of the file in $OEM$/$1/Install/Applications ?

2)Then the *switches* what are they and how do u use them the guide doesn't really explain what they are and how to use them. (im noob to command Prompt and batching and all that)

3)After setting up the switch we need to use either the runonceEx or Batch Scripting right?

4) is their a guide that can demonstrate an example of how to incorporate an app to become unattended

SomeSoftware idea would be Nero/Alcohol/Winamp

maybe consider checking the guide again. i reckon it is confusing the first time because i messed all the methods up, forgetting what belonged to what method (it is rewritten however so maybe i'm wrong). i suggest RunOnceEx because it provides a good base for wpi if you would want to switch later to WPI for example ... only read that runonceex section (some examples in the guide)

dont forget to call the runonceex.cmd from the cmdlines.txt

ps: u don't have to copy them to harddisk, running the app setups works fine from cd, just set %cdrom% right (explained somewhere in the guide too)

EDIT

added my runonceex thingy that runs from the cd, extract to $OEM$ and EDIT the thing because it's useless to ou in it's current state

i just have a folder called software on my cd in which i put everything needed to install. also u need to have a CD.txt file on your cd to get it started. i suggest editing it to look for WIN51 or something u already have in there.

last but not least: u can test by simply double-clicking the runonceex thing, no need to get fancy :)

good luck

_OEM_.rar

ok thanks will check it out..iv come a loong way, n the guides get better and better :P

i noticed

IF EXIST B:\CD.txt set CDROM=B:
IF EXIST C:\CD.txt set CDROM=C:
IF EXIST D:\CD.txt set CDROM=D:
IF EXIST E:\CD.txt set CDROM=E:
IF EXIST F:\CD.txt set CDROM=F:
IF EXIST G:\CD.txt set CDROM=G:
IF EXIST H:\CD.txt set CDROM=H:
IF EXIST I:\CD.txt set CDROM=I:
IF EXIST J:\CD.txt set CDROM=J:
IF EXIST K:\CD.txt set CDROM=K:
IF EXIST L:\CD.txt set CDROM=L:
IF EXIST M:\CD.txt set CDROM=M:
IF EXIST N:\CD.txt set CDROM=N:
IF EXIST O:\CD.txt set CDROM=O:
IF EXIST P:\CD.txt set CDROM=P:
IF EXIST Q:\CD.txt set CDROM=Q:
IF EXIST R:\CD.txt set CDROM=R:
IF EXIST S:\CD.txt set CDROM=S:
IF EXIST T:\CD.txt set CDROM=T:
IF EXIST U:\CD.txt set CDROM=U:
IF EXIST V:\CD.txt set CDROM=V:
IF EXIST W:\CD.txt set CDROM=W:
IF EXIST X:\CD.txt set CDROM=X:
IF EXIST Y:\CD.txt set CDROM=Y:
IF EXIST Z:\CD.txt set CDROM=Z:

May i ask what that means?

Basically how windows checks your relevant cd drive & lists all possible drive letters to ensure it can read your disk & install your software.

Better to do it this way however...

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

Bit cleaner...

might just start out w/ the batch file (.cmd) & then move on to the runonceex & or .inf, just decide on which u r going to do that go in that direction, there is tons of info in the forums on all the methods, but we are always here to point u in the right directions, just remember that everybody has a different setup depending on what they like..........