Specify install path in RunOnceEx?

Fascix

Hello!

Okey first of all i have searched the forum for a while whitout results on this matter.

(could be lack of my english skills could be a lack of wrong keyword i dont know)

But i could not find anythig.

So here is the problem. Is there a way to specify a install path for the programs i add to my RunOnceEx.cmd?

some programs (and games) tend to install to "C:\Program Files\Company Name\Some Other folder Name\Program Name Dir\" for example

I still want the unattended install to pass me by totaly unnatended but i want to have Pre Specified the programs install path.

I have changed the winnt.sif file so all programs should by default install to my specified dir from in there

but i still want to manually direct every single program from RunOnceEx.cmd (or from some other file if needed) to where they are gonna be installed to!

Thanx ppl for a great resource

Is there a way to specify a install path for the programs i add to my RunOnceEx.cmd? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not up to RunOnceEx.cmd to accomplish. It's a question about wether that application (i.e. its installer package) supports the action of changing destination path or not. Unfortunately there's no general way of doing this. Every installer package has it's own way (if any).

Daemon Tools

daemon.msi /qn /norestart TARGETDIR=C:\YourPath

This only works with the MSI installer for Daemon Tools, not the EXE.

DC++

DCPlusPlus-0.674.exe /S /D=C:\YourPath

DC++ uses the NSIS installer wich has the /D switch for changing path.

Note: Though switches like /qn practically always works with an MSI package, not all supports the TARGETDIR switch. Every package uses it's own. E.g. UltraMon uses MAINDIR and RecordNow DX uses INSTALLDIR.

Further, some packages uses other files to determine where the application should be installed. E.g. Adobe Photoshop uses the Abcpy.ini file, located in the installation directory.

A third alternative is to edit the register. Install the application as usual first, and choose the path you want. After it's installed, open REGEDIT and try to find a key which tells where the application is installed. Export it and, on your unattended CD, write it to the register before you call the setup program. That might work with some applications.

Further reading:

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/apps/intro.htm

Further searching:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=80

Good luck!