Advise on sharing information with friends

What would be the easiest way of sharing information with friends?

We've started a 'tune of the week' where we send 1 song to each other and have to listen to it each day. (then of course delete it as keeping it would be theft!

Could i use a secure web site to post and d-load the files? Or could I use the site as a server and have a folder for each fried on the desktop where i could drop the song into that would then upload them to the site?

Is any of this possible to do? I have 200mb of web space i could use for this project.

Any advice or comments would be welcome. :thumbup

Have a password website for what you want to achive, however, distributing music onto a web host's machine would be illegal I'd say so I'm not saying you should do this.

However, here's an example of how it could work for you:

www.yoursiteaddress.com/secretfoldername/

[obviously change the appropriate things above]

then using a .htaccess and .htpasswd file, you could require a username and password in order to access that folder and/or its contents.

For info on htaccess, have a look at the appropriate section @ http://usertools.plus.net

This all depends of whether you know much web designing/programming or not, but its easy enough to do really. It may depend on the host for aspects like htaccess so lookup the info with them too.

All the best,

N.