How do i slipstream nvRaid without sw-driver

MyDomain

Hi!

I hope anyone can help me figger this out. I have slipstreamed my nvRaid drivers succesfully, after a little bumb in the road.

But after i installed my windows i saw that the IDE SW-Driver is automaticly installed, but i don't want that.

Normally when you install the drivers of nForce in windows, it will prompt you to install it, but ofcourse during the unattended intall it doesn't.

Can anyone help me to get the nvRaid drivers installed, but prevent this IDE SW-Driver to be installed?

It could be enough if the IDE Drivers are not installed at all, but i don't know what to remove to do so and if the RAID will still work then.

I hope anyone can help me get the nvRaid drivers installed, without the IDE SW-Driver.

Thanks in advance! :thumbup

I would like this to work, because i heard that there are still people that have problems with the IDE SW-Drivers, i have a new pc at the moment and i don't wanna create any software problems that can be avoided. This way i can better test if there is anything else wrong.

Thanks in advance, MyDomain

I believe the SW stands for swappable or something.

All i know is that it can cause issues, for example with the audigy drivers.

It also makes the USB-Tray show at the bottom right of your taskbar, showing your two hdd's, which you can then disable like a USB-Drive, but ofcourse you can't becaue they are ofcourse in use.

But does no one have a clue?

Which file it is? or maybe make only the raid work and not install the IDE drivers, and hopefully the IDE SW-Driver neither.

It's all i need... or maybe an awnser file for the driver... if that is possible... just throwing in some radical ideas.

Well i'm still trying stuff.

But the second reason i dont what the SW-Driver installed is because of that stupide USB-Icon that apears, i can't remove my drives ever because they are always in use. So it is completly useless...

Hope anyone can still give me some info on how to make sure SW-Driver doesn't get installed, while the rest of the drivers do.

tnx, in advance.

[edit]

But it is also not possible to make it use a standard IDE driver along with the nvraid drivers? Because in windows i will install the nForce drivers and then install the other IDE drivers, but then say no on the prompt for SW-Driver installation.

You NEED the IDE driver. The RAID drivers won't even install without them! ;)

And... it's been more than a year now since the IDE driver caused problems!!! They're very reliable now. ;)

I hate nv :angry::P

there's no any one driver can stablly drive all nforce 2/3 , though v5.1 is WHLQ, v4.27 is WHLQ.....

Well i just thought of another sollution, don't understand why i would not thought of this before, but i just use my sil3114 raid controller.... it also supports more raid forms...

Anyone got an idea on how to slipstream these drivers without nLite?

Thanks, greatz, MyDomain