Windows won't completly boot

Skotster

My computer has been having the problem of not completing the boot of windows xp. It reaches the black loading screen (with the blue bar that moves back and forth) and reboots itself after the scroller goes around about 3 times. I have already tried restoring the boot informaiton from the installation cd, but that did not solve the problem.

it could be a hardware problem, since a couple times when trying to turn it on, only the fans will come on and not load anything.

where should i start in looking for this problem(s)

~Skotster

Most likely a problem with the disk or controller drivers. Are you using SATA or SCSI disks/controllers? If so, check the device driver forum for the how-to's on integration for your configuration.

Good luck.

pull all your external hardware out and try a boot. if that dosent work, try reinstalling windows, that usually solves problems. if pulling all the hardware out works, boot into windows then plug everything back in. that should solve any driver conflicts incurred during boot.

After some poking around, my computer won't pass the POST test. All the fans turn on, hard drives spin, power & activity lights turn on, ethernet lights flicker, etc. but there is no BIOS beep codes or any seemingly responsive output.

A computer teacher at school thought it would be the power supply... so any more idea would be appriciated.

(I also guess that a mod could move this to hardware forum, as now that seems where the problem lies)