Windows Activation

ameisez

No, not in any UNATTEND.txt...

K, follow me through here, take a off the shelf version of windows, install it with no modifications in unattended ways whatsoever... begin instakkm about halfway through you'll come across a screen that asks you for your cd key, if you enter a valid key, no matter if its VLK, SUK, or whatever, once you get into windows itself, you do not have to register with microsoft via the msoobe.exe progam. All, every single one of my windows cd's does this, granted i've gotten them through suppliers in russia (legal msoft suppliers mind you), and none of them, providing you instert a valid key, and it has not been modified off the original source, asks you to enter a key via msoobe.exe.

does this mean russian cds are just special, or, are we all just misunderstanding each other?

sheepish grin, i've just found out that on WinXP Home it DOES ask me to activate, but, unless my WinXP Pro CD is just buggered, no it does not, ill install a copy tomorrow, i might be forgetting something... but to the best of my knowlage

@mattofak

I have never seen the results you are describing. In fact, Microsoft has went to great lengths to be sure what you say you are doing is not possible. Sorry, I just don’t see it.

Have to agree here....the logic of whats been said doesnt make sense.

Vol media IS different to retail and OEM - the p/k used are different too (for plenty of reasons) - so unless its a pirated one, then u must have a veeery unique copy lol ;)

I have to agree with Ge0ph, un4given1 & marsden in what they say.

Regards,

N.

PS. And with regards to the original poster - ameisez:

Really - you shouldnt be asking that on this forum. My advice is that you should purchase the vol media pack from a authorised MS suppier and make a copy of it to use for day to day installs and so on [no, i do NOT mean piracy] and keep the originals safe.

This topic probably should be locked or deleted lol

Trying to circumvent the activation of XP is illegal if you never do it.

It's possible to avoid having to re-activate XP if you copy two specific files from the system32 directory (I can't remember which ones... Google will tell you). By putting these files into your system32 directory UA, you're not in violation of the EULA, and you've just avoided activation. :P

Lol, Ok Ok Ok, I'll concede to both my points, (this is caused by the fac that I have not installed WinXP with SUK in over 3 years), WinXP Pro VLM and WinXP Pro SUK are two different compiliations!, (I have to find my WinXP SUK Cd now! scary thought), and going be how XP Home installs, I am going to assume that you do have to register through msoobe.exe...

BTW: My XP installs, do pass windows authentic install verification... do you want a screen shot? Sorry for misleading everyone here, I guess I need to more completly check my information before handing it out to people... *sheepish grin*

As the started of this topic.

SORRY IF IT TURNS OUT THAT I SEEM TO BE ASKING TO PIRATE CD. :no::(

If this will not be beneficial to others. I agree! let this topic be closed.

SORRY to all especially to Ge0ph, un4given1 & marsden.