Contacting administaror or any moderator

None of the links at the page 'My Assistant' appears to work, including the one for finding out how to contact a moderator. (Java scripts broken? Presumably the site does work properly with Firefox?)

Nor have I had any reply to a couple of emails sent to msfn@msfn.org, so I assume that's just an unattended address?

Hence my resorting to posting here.

I'm trying to find out why I am getting an automatic email advising me of every new post in the only forum I've joined, 'Microsoft Windows XP'. I can't see what setting I might have inadvertently configured wrongly?

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

I meant to add that the setting 'Send me any updates sent by the board administrator' is not checked.

BTW, I think that is misleadingly worded.

'Enabling this option will add your email address to the administrators mail list and you will receive any updates sent.'

I initially interpreted 'any updates' as administrative or general matters, not 'all posts to the forum by anyone'! But, as I said, I unchecked it pretty fast, but am still getting emails.

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

msfn@msfn.org is not in use, you should email xper, then you will get your answer.

since we still running on 1.0.3 we cant give 100% prove that this forum works 100% ok while using firefox.

for the Subscriptions, go to "my controls"-> Subscriptions-> unsubscribe all the topics and/or forums you want.

regards,

martin l

Thanks, Martin. So I take it no one here in this Forum about 'Site & Forum Issues' knows the answer to my problem? I will e-mail Xper then, if I can work out how to do that! A simple email address would have been good...

FWIW, I have 8 new unwanted emails about posts in the Windows XP Forum. No one here knows how that happens?

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

I emailed Xper yesterday. No reply yet. Meanwhile I continue to get unwanted emails for all new posts in Windows XP forum.

Does that happen to any other user here?

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

Thanks. I've changed it to 'Change to: No Email Notification'. Hopefully that doesn't mean what it says though! I still want emails notifying me of any replies to my posts... Somewhere there's a setting I think I have correctly configured to achieve that, but darned if I can find it again now!

Must say I'm a member of dozens of online forums and this is the most confusing I've come across. For example, I interpret 'Subscribe' as just that: subscribe to (join) a forum, period. I gave another example, about the option 'Send me any updates sent by the board administrator' earlier. And why are options about email not under 'Personal Profile'?

Maybe regular users have become familiar with the site's layout, but IMO there are too many links and too many options. As yet another example, why do I need 'My Controls' and My Assistant? And why do I need to dig around in the latter, and then follow several other links just to get a moderator contact? Why not a simple 'Contacts' link on the Home page? Etc...

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK