startup option of longhorn is missing?

lutherfatcat

Have anyone met this problem?

I have installed XP and Longhorn in my PC, and now the startup option of longhorn is missing? What can I do if I want to renovate this problem.

My boot.ini now is

[boot loader]

timeout=5

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional (bootscreen)" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

What should I add Longhorn startup option into it.

By the way, Longhorn system is on the D driver.

I'll appreciate anyone who reply to my problem no matter available or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know what you did or waht went wrong?

So you are saying you can't boot into windows XP at all now? I was reading the read me file saying something about if the hard drive was not "C:" when installing Longhorn, but didn't pay much attention to it.... sorry.

So can you boot into anything or just not Loghorn, did you make a back up copy of your Boot.inf file?

If you can still boot into Windows XP re-install Longhorn.

Here is what my boot.inf file looks like; (keep in mind at the moment I have a quadro OS Boot option)

~~~~~~~~~~~

[boot loader]

timeout=10

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Blam-O!" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="GaMEr'Z OnLy" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="LTP 9" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Codename Longhorn 5048" /FASTDETECT

~~~~~~~~~~~

if you don't have access to windows or a stable OS, but have access to a floppy disk and some way of downloading a free utility:

go to http://www.terabyteinc.com and download "EditBINI", it is under the 'Free Software' section.

EditBINI

~~~~~~~

Use this DOS based utility to edit the \BOOT.INI file on an NTFS partition.

This program will run under DOS or Win9x/ME. It will not run correctly under

Windows NT,2K,XP.

hope that helps.. :)