winnt.sif - which partition?

Hi,

I am just playing with winnt.sif and nLite, and I am still not sure, how it does work with partitions. The problem is - you can set it not to do anything with partitions, but if you want to do something - you can't set what. The thing I am looking for is how to quick format the first partition (leave the other partions) and install it there.

The other thing is - I've got an IBM laptop with preinstalled Windows. If I try to install Windows (which are not preinstalled) and use the provided licence number - it does not work. I read somewhere, that it is caused of OEM installation - the number does not work with the other installation. Is that possible to enable OEM installation in winnt.sif and to be able to use my licence number?

Thank you very much.

hi

i have this in my winnt.sif

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

it does a quick format on the first partition

about the second question i dont think thats possible

hi

i have this in my winnt.sif

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

it does a quick format on the first partition

about the second question i dont think thats possible

AutoPartition=1 DELETE'S all partitions on the first hdd and make's one new partition last time i tried.

He wants the install to leave the other partitions alone. This isn't posible i'm afraid.

Hi,

you gotta format the first partition by hand. That means in the setup menu. The partitioning in winnt.sif is only per physical disk afaik.

Put the license number from your OEM Version in winnt.sif and it will install over your preinstalled version.

Best way is to format the partition where windows is installed and do a clean new install :D

cheers