> Restoring Unknown Partitions

tubui

I have a hard drive that has 3 UNKNOWN partitions. I need to know all the programs that can restore these partitions to life because I seriously need my data. Currently I am looking at buying EasyRecovery Professional but I don't have money biggrin.gif I heard alot of good things about it and there are no cracks ethier..

IF you have experienced with UNKNOWN partitions or restoring partitions before. Please list what YOU did, or better yet, the programs you used to fix it..

If you say TestDisk, someone was assissting me with it, but we failed.. If you are experienced with TestDisk, please PM me if you kindly want to assisst me in attempting it again..

I should of post this in the hardware section but since I'm asking for softwares.. Its more suitable here. You can also post any other ideas besides programs..

Yes it is very valuable to me, I was thinking about taking it to a store where they can recover it but first I would like to have help.. Hm.. dman, would you kindly help me attempt TestDisk again? I, seriously don't know how to work TestDisk and I don't want to mess with it.. Below are screenshots of when I first attempted TestDisk with someone. screenshots

Please continue to list programs and advice with this problem.

Oh and after the first attempt @ TestDisk, when I boot it up, it said NTLDR is missing.

What is telling you that you have unknown partitions? your testdisk screenshots look ok as far as I know (I am not an expert with testdisk, just used it to undelete some partitions on occasion). I don't see any partitions marked "D" for deleted. Have you tried booting from the install cd into recovery console and looking if the drive is accessable? If you can see your drives you can always copy the files off them. Be aware that any failed attempts at partition recovery can complicate retrieval, so again, if your data is very valuable I would take it to a pro.

This is from testdisk docs. you can generate a log and email to them to analyze.

If you don't understand how to use TestDisk,

* run "testdisk /log /debug" (make sure to hit the space bar once before each forward slash),

* select the faulty hard disk using arrow keys then press the ENTER key,

* after TestDisk is finished (Note: you may need to press the ENTER key a couple more times during its processing), choose Search! to restart the analyse.

* just send the file which TestDisk creates, testdisk.log, to grenier@cgsecurity.org and a brief explanation about the problem and your previous partitions (size, label, filesystem type).

:hello: Easy Recovery Pro will work but you may loose all the directories it may put it in folders like Folder001, ECT. Spinrite 6 takes time works though.

Try looking for Easy Recovery via older mirrors of FoSi.

Try this: http://salvationdata.com/download.htm

They say DEMO but read on the LEFT. I used an early version and was able to recover data with it. Check the MFG/Model info against yours on FIRMWARE fixers.

Does Ghost see a DATA size? "use the Check disk option! "if so try to image it to

a image file on another drive !!!!SET OPTION to ignore errors on source 1st !!!!!!!!

Other Suggestion: Connect through USB2 Adapter WITH power not Internal IDE besure you know the real parameters of the drive as it was set working!! Or otherwise you will be in the "When Partition Magic Goes BAD Zone".

If it is overheating keep motor off except when pulling data,

wrap loosley with cool packs, Use RoadKills unstopable copier.

and get it while you can.... it will just get worse!!!!!!!

Does Ghost see a DATA size? "use the Check disk option! "if so try to image it to

a image file on another drive!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Plan your attack work fast and smart you only may have 1 chance to get it copied!!!!

SkunkWerkZ