XP problem with opening folders

Skywalker

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I can't get windows to understand that I want to open all folders in the same window. I have tried everything, but it keeps opening new windows on every disk or folder I open.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance!

Hi,

With I tried everything, I mean setting and resetting the default options in windows. Rebooting after that, setting them again, set it to "open all folders in seperate windows" and then change it back.

Nothing seems to work. It's like the function does not exist anymore.

I made an export of the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder" reg key.

Folder.reg

Which of these actions causes a new window? (make sure these are folders and not drives)

- With an explorer window on the screen with the tree view on the left visible, selecting a folder from the tree

- With the tree visible, double-clicking on a folder on the right pane

- With the tree visible, right-clicking on a folder on the right pane and selecting "Open"

- With the tree visible, right-clicking on a folder on the right pane and selecting "Explore"

- With the tree NOT visible, double-clicking on a folder on the right pane

- With the tree NOT visible, right-clicking on a folder on the right pane and selecting "Open"

- With the tree NOT visible, right-clicking on a folder on the right pane and selecting "Explore"

And I guess I should ask... What version of Windows are you using?

Under Tools > Folder Options > View, do you have "Launch folder windows in a separate process" checked or not?

Check here (everybody seems to have their own solution):

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1035471916

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_...Q_20648703.html

"Launch folder windows in a separate process" is not checked. And I checked the sites you mentioned allready. But I didn't find a solution yet. :(