Commands from a default XP Autorun?

X-Ecutioner

Ok, I'm in the process of completely replacing the standard Windows Xp Autorun exe with my own. My question is... what are the commands they use on their buttons? eg. "Install optional Windows components", check system compatibility, etc... I know some of those buttons no one uses, but i just want to change the look and add some buttons, while still keeping it roughly the same. Is there a site of the buttons and the commands they run? Or would someone mind putting a list together for me??

Thanks

-Matt

He is refering to the autorun menu you get when you put the windows XP cd into the drive when in windows.

All the autorun does is run the setup.exe located at the root of the CD.

You could make your own frontend I guess - I'd leave the setup.exe there for the time being - and have whatever buttons and so on you want to do things.

I believe the setup.exe detects whether certain things are located on the cd or not i.e.

if dotnetfx/setup.exe exist for example, then the item will be there on the list somewhere (cant remember offhand which menu it appears under hehe)

but i dont know if theres a list of such things documented anywhere.

Making your own frontend "maybe" easier :D

Regards,

N.

You could reshack the setup.exe... To make a new one that can do a windows install could be easy... I think the install file is winnt32.exe located in i386 as for "install remove xp components" and "check system compatability" you should remove those buttons...they are just using up space on your new gui...