Nine Inch Nails

un4given1

Any Nine Inch Nails fans out there? The new CD is only 4 days away! If you want to hear it before it even hits the stores you can do so here... It's a link directly from the NIN website so it's an official source. I would love to know everyone else's thoughts.

I used to be a big rap fan. Well, my friend says "here's a CD you HAVE to listen to..." (This was back in the mid 90s) He handed me Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine. (The best NIN CD by far!) He told me "You should start with Track 5" (for those of you who don't know what that is... "Something I can never have") That is still to this day my favorite song... Before I knew it I was listening to the CD over and over and over... and about a month later I couldn't stand rap... I found a new kind of music that expressed the way I felt so much better. NIN is my favorite band of all time. So, there's my story... anyone else have one?

Maynard is 1 sik dude. they always start these side projects like billy corgan & pumpkins then they never get back to the band. Glad their still together, but if they aint makin music whats the point? Perfect Circle is cool, but a little too out there, I like the Tool sound.

I can't lie...I've been appreciating the new NIN CD for a few weeks. But I bought it yesterday so it's a wash.

I have to say at first it almost sounded like he went too much with the POP, but I think that's just cause my favorite is "The Fragile" which isn't high on the POP. But after listening to the thing about 40 times (I'm a repeat whore) I have to say I really really enjoy it. It's not as raw as earlier stuff, but it's some great noise none the less!

My fav's are "All The Love In The World", Everyday Is Exactly The Same", With Teeth", "Sunspots", "Beside You In Time", and "Right Where It Belongs". The last two are my favorite...the kinda slow, progressing, creepy songs...love em!

I have to say my favorites are:

Track 1: All The Love In The World

Track 6: Everyday Is Exactly The Same

Track 13: Right Where It Belongs

@InTheWayBoy: sounds like we have similar taste... What's your favorite NIN song of all time? I would have to say mine is "Something I Can Never Have." I also love "The Great Below" and "And All That Could Have Been"

Just noticed you are from Jacksonville FL! Same here! I live near NAS Going to the show on Sunday? I heard 30 Seconds to Mars is going to be there too... I really want to see them above all.

Later!

EDIT: In case you all didn't notice the link in the first post... here it is.

http://www.myspace.com/ninofficial

That's a link to the whole CD. (provided by Nine Inch Nails)

Great Below is like my all-time favorite! He really nails (No pun intended!) the creepy sounding s*** well...I really like it when he throws a nice piano in the mix.

Another Jax man huh? I don't know of any show on Sunday...my 'real' life is quite lame these days :blushing:

La Mer (I think that's how it's spelt) is really nice too...it's the collage one where it's got lots of different riffs going on...again, creepy stuff rules!

And Starf***ers! What a great song...

Wish, We're in this together, and the Perfect Drug are mighty fine too!

Yeah, the show this weekend is...

3 Doors Down

Sum 41

Breaking Benjamin

30 Seconds to Mars

Alterbridge (Creed minus lead singer)

Skindred

Unwritten Law

No Address

Exies

Tickets: $25.00

I have only been in Jax for a year now... I love it here. I'm never leaving... unless I move further south.

To be honest I've never heard anything from NIN before but I've always known of their reputation as probably the biggest group in industrial metal so thats always had me interested. I must say that I did go and download the latest album the other day out of sheer curiousity and it took me a lil while to get used to their sound but now I must say I'm loving it!

'Right Where It Belongs' is simply amazing. The simple piano and that hard fuzzy synth in the background make for an amazingly mellow and melodic, yet unusually creepy track, while Reznor's vocals simply make the whole piece perfect. The lyrics (as youve got in your sig un4given1) are in my eyes a beautifully dark look on life from a persons eyes. For that one track alone, the album is worth it. :)

Yeah, tis a good song...what's really freaky is the semi-truck sound...I drive all day and every time I hear that song I always freak out thinking I'm about to get plowed :)

You're talking about the Planetfest thing this weekend...looks like it could be good! I might try and check it out!