98se 2.0 servace pack uninstall trouble

Bethrezen

hi all

been using the 98 servace pack for quite some time with out a hitch but when i decovered there was a newer version i decided that id like to try it so i installed the new one to have a look but afterwards i decided to go back to 1.6.2 as the current version is unfinished so i went to uninstall the pack from my comp but thats where my problems started

after uninstall i was unable to reboot my comp every time i tryed it would only boot in safe mode i couldnt even get in to windows using my boot disk the only way i could get back in to windows what to reiunstall the servace pack from safe mode

this to me seems like a very serious bug that i think needs some attention so i reged here so i could inform you about it

I thought Gape fixed this bug in SP2.0 rc3.

Was it rc3 or rc2? (This bug was still there in rc2.)

But you were lucky to be able to boot in safe mode! Me, I even couldn't! :D

The only way, if this bug happends, to get back to original windows, is to reinstall from the CD.

Then, it's like it was uninstalled.

hi

well if my experance is anthing to go by then this bug is still alive and kicking and someone needs to go back and double check that its been correctley fixed becaues right now i cant uninstall the rc servace pack with out the prob i decribed above

mabe its just freak accorence on my comp i dont know but i with some one could give me a definitive answer one way or another how to get round this

prefairable with out reinstalling windows