Backweb Lite adware?

Ok, latest Spybot's detection signature (4/27) did the hit "Backweb Lite" on my 'always clean' machine, found 3 traces of it. Did a google search but I don't have any program associated to this adware, problem is when I try to fix it, a message appears saying 2 out of 3 entries cannot be removed and Spybot offers option to run at next restart so it can remove them. After, SB is still unable to remove 'backweb lite' entries.

What's wrong? Is backweb lite a real adware or what :wacko:

Sorry for the delay, I'm using Spybot S&D 1.3

Did Ad-Aware detect anything?

If concerned, post a HijackThis log after running Ad-Aware and Spybot. Also, you may wish to get Spybot 1.4RC1 (RC2 is unstable)

Thanks Tarun,

Ad-aware didn't hit anything. I only use Ad-Aware SE Pro and Spybot S&D 1.3. I already tried trial versions of spysweeper, spyware doctor, counterspy and windows antispyware beta. None of these can detect the adware 'backweb lite' that only spybot 1.3 can (with latest definitions released yesterday). I'm guessing it is associated to legit programs so I decided to wait and investigate. I'll try spybot 1.4 beta as last resort :ph34r:

Sorry for the delay, I'm using Spybot S&D 1.3

Did Ad-Aware detect anything?

If concerned, post a HijackThis log after running Ad-Aware and Spybot. Also, you may wish to get Spybot 1.4RC1 (RC2 is unstable)

Thanks Tarun,

Ad-aware didn't hit anything. I only use Ad-Aware SE Pro and Spybot S&D 1.3. I already tried trial versions of spysweeper, spyware doctor, counterspy and windows antispyware beta. None of these can detect the adware 'backweb lite' that only spybot 1.3 can (with latest definitions released yesterday). I'm guessing it is associated to legit programs so I decided to wait and investigate. I'll try spybot 1.4 beta as last resort :ph34r:

MSAS also does a great job for a beta.