Custom Windows WPI Autoruns

Edited a Win2003 autorun to display Windows 2000 to replace that old ugly one and the other two are edited XP and Server 2003 original autoruns that will execute WPI.hta from the Windows cd.

Method 1:

If your Windows cd has already been setup to copy the files from $OEM$ then just copy everything inside there EXCEPT the Install folder into a "WPI" folder and place that and the autorun file in the root of the cd.

Edit the config files that you copied inside the WPI folder to point to the Install folder inside the your $OEM$. Now you have both options to copy the files over to the drive and run it from cd and both methods share the same Install folder to save space.

=========================

Method 2:

If you dont have $OEM$ copy files to the drive then just setup all your wpi files to run setups from inside the root folder "WPI" and copy over the modified autorun file that matches your Windows version.

You locate the area to run WPI under the "Perform additional tasks" on all 3 files. I replaced the "View Release Notes" line so its no big loss.

Screenshot of the XP autorun:

th_869_Autorun.jpg

Download Autorun Files

Thanks, sadly all the credit goes to M$ as i just edited a few lines of text with a resource editor lol.

The real ideal was from the threads about making WPI only cd's. I felt that if you only install a few small apps that use around 180MB and less of space like shown on my themes one could just throw them on the Windows cd. That way, you have the best of both worlds and it can be launched using a autorun thats already there for a purpose.

Here is a Pulsar inspired autorun for the guys/gals who need one for a stand alone cd or dvd.

Just place all of your wpi files and folders inside the supplied "WPI" folder, edit your config setup paths like the example below and burn.

I included a wpi.cmd file that is already setup with the correct paths to apply a 1024x768x32@60 resolution (change that to your liking).

That, hiding the command window, and applying the wpi.reg file is the only thing it does. Dont need all of the find cdrom command stuff using this as the autorun menu,which calls the needed files, is running from the cd.

The cmd has a master tweak and shutdown line thats disabled. Remove the dashes in front of the commands if you want to use those.

Important part:

The config.js software paths need to be edited in the format below:

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\WPI\\Install\\netfxsp1.exe']

The part in bold has to be done that way, the rest of the path and filename can be edited to suit your needs.

Screenshot:

th_6a5_wpi_auto.jpg

Download File

• 11 months later...
Give these a try. I think this is what you're looking for.

Download Autoruns Here

How can i do a custom XP SETUP.EXE for xp setup

Edited a Win2003 autorun to display Windows 2000 to replace that old ugly one and the other two are edited XP and Server 2003 original autoruns that will execute WPI.hta from the Windows cd.

Method 1:

If your Windows cd has already been setup to copy the files from $OEM$ then just copy everything inside there EXCEPT the Install folder into a "WPI" folder and place that and the autorun file in the root of the cd.

Edit the config files that you copied inside the WPI folder to point to the Install folder inside the your $OEM$. Now you have both options to copy the files over to the drive and run it from cd and both methods share the same Install folder to save space.

=========================

Method 2:

If you dont have $OEM$ copy files to the drive then just setup all your wpi files to run setups from inside the root folder "WPI" and copy over the modified autorun file that matches your Windows version.

You locate the area to run WPI under the "Perform additional tasks" on all 3 files. I replaced the "View Release Notes" line so its no big loss.

Screenshot of the XP autorun:

th_869_Autorun.jpg

Download Autorun Files

HI can u reupload the file and how can i do a custom XP setup.exe file?

Edited by ideas

ideas,

If you are only looking for changing the functionality within the Setup.exe off the Windows CD (like in the custom autoruns folder-WindowsXP, Windows2003, and Windows2000, you can make most of the mods within ResHacker (look under String Tables for launch commands). You can also change out icon and bitmap resources with this tool.

If you need more control and want to add extra pages, Autoplay or Demoshield might be a bit easier, both are commercial products but offer evaluation editions.

Demoshield = $499 USD

Autoplay Media Studio = $495 USD

Macrovision will require you to enter credentials before download, not sure how the evaluation copy works as my company purchased the full version.

Demoshield Download

Autoplay Media Studio Download

BTW, I was not the author of the tools you are downloading, they are in the original posts, I just happened to have them available from the original links. I don't use them but got "ideas" for my own projects.