IE link issues

dimegrind

I am running XP pro sp2 w/the latest updates.

For some reason or another some links do not work in IE. I think it is just links that are generated from code, because other links from the same site will work.

For instance Microsoft's site the home link in the top right above the search bar didn't work but other links did.

I downloaded fire fox and went to the sites i had trouble with and had no probs.

I ran adaware, spybot, Norton anti-virus and found nothing. So I have eliminated spyware/viruses from being the cause. I even went to Microsoft and got the latest IE updates for sp2. I set the security opens to default as well as low to see if that would help, but nothing.

Any ideas. I know i can continue to use firefox, but I want IE to work. I hate things that don't work on my computer, if i use them or not or there is another program i can use.

here is a perfect example. The links next to "By Brand" I can click them all, but when I click on the "more" link I get nothing. I go to the same page in firefox and it works. I think it is because of the javascript code....not sure though.

Are you running any anti-spyware that does realtime monitoring of your computer? If so, check and see if there is a setting to block ad sites. Play with it a little bit to see if you can relax the setting to solve your problem.

If you are not running any realtime monitoring software maybe uninstall and reinstall IE?