WPI v3.5 .cmd error

Hi,

I downloaded WPI 3.5 and read some instructions from its website that says 2x click on the cmd. When I do that my monitor turns black and doesn't respond anymore, its light turns orange from green. The only way I know to get back my monitor is to press F8 when WinXp is starting and select enable VGA mode option. Tried several times ad same black screen. Tried the one with hta extension and it worked, shows the config, options, etc. Now I wanted to know if I make my WPI unattended CD from this wpi.hta and save it will it work or do I really have to make it from the WPI.cmd. Please enlighten me on this.

Thanx and regards,

MaCMeL

WPI natively will try to change the resolution of your desktop to 1200x1024 all you need to do is open the cmd file in notepad and delte the line that says=

VideoChanger.exe 1280x1024x32@85 -q

Delete the whole line and cmd will work fine on your system.

Your video card or monitor doesn't support higher resolutions and this is why it happens.

The resolution is set at that resolution becuase it is what most users have shown to use and for theme support.

Leaving the resolution at what you have it will in no way affect the performance of wpi so don't worry about it.

Hi,

Thanx kelsenellenelvian, reply was fast. I tried your suggestion and it worked great. When I closed WPI.cmd it showed a rebooting in 10sec. Tried searching forums about it and saw your answer,

In WPI.cmd delete this line =

REM Rebooting the sytem to finalize the installation process.

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 10 -c "Reboot in 10 sec..."

Should I put back this line when I finish configuring my WPI'ed unattended CD or just leave the line deleted.

MaCMeL

I set mine to reboot after 60 seconds so that the desktop has time to load before forcing it to shut down during the booting process. I would leave that if you install any apps or updates that normally require a restart like antivirus software, etc. If not then it probally doesnt need to reboot.

To set that to 60 seconds edit the line as:

REM Rebooting the sytem to finalize the installation process.

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows will now restart to finish setting up your software."