setupmgr.exe

Hi folks,

just a little question,

if I configure the setupmgr.exe to create a .SIF file - i come to the following point:

Administrator Password. there I am able to set the Password for the local administrator.

After this field there i can choose the option if the password should be crypted or not.

Until here everythins is clear.

The next option is automatically logon from the Admin and theres a counter.....what does this counter mean - whats the difference between setting it to 1 or setting it to 10.

thanks

How many times the account will automatically login - if you know you need two restarts, you should use number two - login, restart, login, restart... I am usually making more dumb-resistant autologin - autologin everytime and after unattended installation process is finished, I just disable autologin.

How many times the account will automatically login - if you know you need two restarts, you should use number two - login, restart, login, restart... I am usually making more dumb-resistant autologin - autologin everytime and after unattended installation process is finished, I just disable autologin.

Also isn't it true that if you encrypt the password then setup ignors the

autologin setting in the sif file and will not auto login?

2jbm: Nope, it is true only in domain... I like to use encrypted password in workstation scenarios.

In domain I am using specialized account that is very restricted, it can only save one file to one folder in network - server will take this file and continue with installation.