Cannot connect to server using RDP

I use RDP to connect to my server. I was playing around and picked the wrong option for VPN setup. I am now locked out so i cant access the server using RDP. So i tried Telnet <serverIP> 38 to see if i could access the server this way - i still coudn't. I know i could resolve the problem by going to the server and hooking up the monitor to resolve it but wanted to know what you guys would have done in this situation (just incase i was far away from the server so i know for future)

Thanks as always

use RDC - Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your server ... but what I would do before I take off from my server is install Radmin tool and minimum of 2 other remote access tols  :D

ok im slightly confused - i thought RDP and Remote Desktop connection are the same? as i do use Remote desktop connection but thought that was the same as RDP (Remote desktop Protocol) so whats the difference?

Where can i get Radmin tool and what other 2 remote access tools would you recommed (any free ones are welcome :thumbup )

Thanks again

thanks for clearing that. I think i found Radmin at http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Network...r__Radmin_.html

is there a way to install it without being at my PC that cant be connected using RDC/P? or what is recommeded way to install it (im trying to avoid getting the monitor hooked up with the server (yes lazy i know))

use RDC - Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your server ... but what I would do before I take off from my server is install Radmin tool and minimum of 2 other remote access tols  :D

ok im slightly confused - i thought RDP and Remote Desktop connection are the same? as i do use Remote desktop connection but thought that was the same as RDP (Remote desktop Protocol) so whats the difference?

Where can i get Radmin tool and what other 2 remote access tools would you recommed (any free ones are welcome :thumbup )

Thanks again

uh sorry i've completely overlooked that you've mentioned RDP ... I tought of something else., sorry my bad ... as per other 2 would be any remote admin programs i.e. Symantec PcAnywhere ...