Silent install for the following programs

Shikhar

I have slipstreamed SP2 into Windows XP and I am creating RunOnceEx.cmd using a program provided in this forum.

I need the parameters to have silent install of the following programs

PowerDVD 5

DVD Region free +CSS 5.5

Spyware Doctor

Video Inspector

Advanced Gif Animator Zone alarm security suite 5.5

WinZip 9

Photo2VCD trial

Flash player ( for IE)

Sify Broadband

Also for launching a self extracting file what parameters are required for silent install????

Youll also save a lot of time if you learn how to determine what installers (ie installshield, nsis, innosetup, etc) are used with those programs, then simply find out what the method is for that particular installer

please read up on the guides because youre getting different UA components confused... each program is packaged in a particular 'installer' (like I mentioned before examples of these installers are InstallShield, InnoSetup, Windows Installer, etc), each installer has its own switches, so once you figure out the installer you look up the switches for that particular one (granted they dont always work all the time), but for the most part you get a good jump start on most of your programs... these have absolutely nothing to do with RunOnceEx...

You have to understand ALL the switches of a particular package, just like durex said. Not all installers have the same switches. InstallShield packages and Windows Installer packages are the trickies of all. Also, download USSF or PEiD. It helps a lot. When you become more familar with this, you will be able to tell the type of installer used by the software by just looking at it's icon, or running it once.

Goodluck on your unattended journey.