Moving Website to a Dedicated Server

:blushing: I have just purchased a Dedicated Server, but I do not know how to make it work for my website. This is the first time I use a Dedicated Server with a Plesk Control Panel. Can anyone tell me step-by-step to config all the things to run a website? I would appreciate your help.

:blushing: Thank you for the reply. To be honest, I do not know how to point the DNS to the new server. There is a default DNS zone template already made, but I do not know how to update it. Here it is:

<domain>. A <ip>

<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.

<domain>. NS ns.<domain>.

<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.

ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.

mail.<domain>. A <ip>

ns.<domain>. A <ip>

webmail.<domain>. A <ip>

Assume that the IP address of the server is xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1, how to edit the DNS template to host the domain "abcdef.com"?

You would need to contact the company you purchased your domain through and have them redirect the domain to your current IP.

All you need to do is update your DNS to point to the new server.

Nothing personal but that's the furthest from the truth. If you have no idea what you are doing the FIRST thing you need to do is get someone to properly configure, secure and optimize the server. Setting the DNS up is one of the last things to be done on any dedicated box.

If you wish to avoid all that then you need to register DNS nameservers, add those to your httpd.conf and a few other files as your main DNS for the server then update the domain(s) to the servers nameservers you just created.