The personal info microsoft collects and hides

2DigeratiPrime: Oh my, not another myth :( What they are talking about is called AskStrider from Microsoft Research - it is because administrators (including me) wanted to have tool like this, so you could say which file came from where, which patch caused the problem you are encountering etc...

i didnt say it does anything, dont put words in my mouth. :huh:

I just thought it was relevant to the discussion about how and why windows has the history, cache, recently used files, etc features.

In fact, I've been arguing against 'the myth', you can use software to 'watch windows' and so far its proven innocent. Being skeptical is healthy (to an extent). Though i don't really like these features (bloat), we do have nlite.

Sorry - now I see... I am just getting little bit angry when I see news like

"Microsoft is spying on you!"

"Microsoft want to take control over their users"

"Secret places to hide informations about you"

This persons hear this from one of their friends, so it must be true! :(

BTW about AskStrider - it is looking really great, I am watching it since few news leaked from MS about using Computer Genomics contept... Also I am looking forward when Gatekeeper will be released

I have also made some batch files that will delete these files that expose your privacy and delete above mentioned registry entries, which you run it instead of going start\shutdown\etc. I have also got it to do a scandisk, scan registry, and defrag your harddrives, and then automaticly shutdown the computer when it is done. this is an unattended batch file.

I have got it working, but I had just made some changes, so I wont post it until I have given it another test.

I have finished testing, although I am not sure how to get around the password prompt on windows startup when it is finished deleting files when in DOS mode (I am trying to make it unattended batch file.

The Batch file I have attached is made for windows 98 SE, not tested for all other operating systems.

I just noticed I cannot upload the file here. ***curse*** I'll post link from another forum to see if that works for those that care about their privacy.