More Hercules Issues

TheJerk

Ok, I admit I haven't searched for an answer on this, but my assumption is that I wouldn't be able to phrase anything that could possibly give me any results.

Ok, here's the problem. Windows seems to think my sound card, the Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1, is a Conexant-compatible sound card. Why's this a problem? Well, because the drivers for this particular card, from the manufacturer, aren't signed. The drivers that were on the install CD weren't signed either. As a matter of fact, none of the drivers I've seen for this device have been signed.

So what ends up happening is that Windows assigns the device a name (conexant compatible sound device, or something like that), but won't install any drivers.

I tried using the drivers from CD method, the driverpacks method (same principle, right? either way, I know these drivers aren't in the driverpack) as well as nLite. So far, nothing's worked. I thought about using the winnt.sif file, but then it occurred to me what the problem was (see above). My guess is, no matter how I tell Windows where the drivers are, it's not going to install them unless I force it.

So, aside from using runonceex, any suggestions? I was thinking about seeing if I can remove those particular drivers from the CD (the ones that make Windows think it's something when it's not), but I wouldn't know exactly how to go about doing that.