Im Admin, but cant use cacls on some folders

new

I cant use cacls on some directories I need to get access to (at least read-access) - some of the file/dirs I can View, but not see, others I cant even look into.

cacls says ACCESS_DENIED

please help me...

i have had this issue after awindows reinstall. Some folders wew protected (with ntfs) and it's creators account doesn't exists anymore...

I've solved it by loading with bartpe and copying all files on the usb flash drive

i have had this issue after awindows reinstall. Some folders wew protected (with ntfs) and it's creators account doesn't exists anymore...

I've solved it by loading with bartpe and copying all files on the usb flash drive

yeah, and in this situation you can overtake the owners right as i had allready written up :)

yeah on a other forum someone already could help me, part of this was taking ownership as you also suggested. but for this I had to uncheck simple view of folders within folde options

btw cacls is a commandline command to edit rights on folders and files - espacielly great to unlock all system volume information-folders by batch - and the only way to do this I knew up to ~30 mins ago ;)