How many CDs should I make ?

Dear friends,

whith your help and guides I have made a great unattended install CD for XP with SP2 and my SATA drivers slipstreamed and trimmed down with nLite (only bug I should not have eliminated IE :().

The only problem I have is that if I need to use this disk to repair my system, in other words get the "Press R to initiate recovery" on blue screen, it will not work since it will procede silently to reinstalling.

So the only solution I see, being very ignorant, is to build a second disk, always with SP2 and SATA but without any unattended installation.

Is this the only way or are there some magical ways to define the unattended choices to that it will propose "Press R to restore" as the only question and if not chosen proceed silently to a full reinstall ?

TIA,

Bob

create a multiboot CD. there a guide ( http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com ). All you really need is two seperate boot folders, one with the WINNT.SIF and one without and you keep that option. YOu'll see what I mean by boot folders when you read that guide.

Thank you so much. Great insight !!!

Take care and may the force be with you,

Bob

snip ...All you really need is two seperate boot folders, one with the WINNT.SIF and one without and you keep that option. ... snip

I am reading through that ... guru level :lol:

One doubt I have ... I NEED a WINNT.SIF in order to load my SATA drivers !!!

Am not quite sure of which lines I need there on top of those describing the drivers and PCI device ...

Thanks,

Bob