regular & Unattended Installations

i follow the multi-boot dvd guide and make a regular and an unattended installation for winxp pro. the unattended works perfect, but im having a problem with my regular installation.

when i choose to make a regular inst., at T-12 it executes cmdlines.txt, so it run my RunOnceEx.cmd and my regtweaks so all my programs start to install as if it where an unattended installation.

i have allready checked and double-checked the pro1.dat, pro2.dat, and the two setupldr.bin in each boot folder to be sure everything point to the right place.

i also made a winnt.sif file for my regular installation so it enter the key, name and organization (yeah, its not a complete regular inst. anymore), and set OemPreinstall and OemSkipWelcome to "No" but the problem continue :no:

here's my "regular" winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=No
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
KeyboardLayout="Espa¤ol"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=30
OemSkipWelcome=0

[UserData]
ProductID=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
FullName="Usuario"
OrgName="N/A"
ComputerName=*

[Display]
BitsPerPel=24
Xresolution=800
YResolution=600

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=52
Dialing=Tone
AreaCode=5

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
SystemLocale=00000c0a
UserLocale=0000080a
InputLocale=080a:0000080a

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup="Grupo de trabajoDominio"

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

i found this post were prathapml said:

Even if you haven't enabled "OEMPre-install" in winnt.sif, your $OEM$\cmdlines.txt will ALWAYS be parsed. Now that can be a good thing or bad depending on what you are trying to do. As for now, your best solution is to make yet another set of winxp install on the CD, without a $OEM$\cmdlines.txt file.

Any other ideas on how to stop cmdlines.txt to being executed in my regular installation?

The workaround I found for this matter is the following:

Go for 2 i386 folders!

one at the root of your CD without the $OEM$ folder and another one inside a folder: SYSTEM\XP for example where you can put a $OEM$ folder...

Using the "optimise" feature of CDIMAGE will prevent your CD from using more space...

Just the same thing i struggled with some time ago...

Now i have two bootfolders and one setupfolder parallel with oem-folder.

My workaround: I moved my runonceex, regtweaks and useraccounts batches into the folder (\$OEM$\$1\cmdlines) that are copied into the harddisk if it is unattended installation - if oempreinstall=yes in winnt.sif. Earlier i had these batches in my cmdlines.txt.

And in cmdlines.txt i have now only start.cmd. It's a simple batch which checks if there are cmdlines-folder in the harddisk (unattended installation) or not (normal installation). And if there is that folder then this start.cmd executes runonceex, regtweaks and useraccounts batches and if not then start.cmd doesn't do anything,

mmainio