Microsoft Office unattended install problem

I am trying to create an unattended installation for office 2003. i followed all the steps in the tutorial. all goes fine for starting the installation. the installation will start, but then just disappear. i am running in vmware enviroment. does this make a difference?

Thanks.

case should not matter in the switch; if you have access to another computer you could eliminate whether VMware is the problem; I am not familiar with virtual PC software and can be of no further help :no:

I had also faced the same problem and after more than installations found the trouble. In my case the unattend.mst had the paths of invalid directories. I had made the unattend.mst to direct to the usershell folders, the location of these folders was changed, different from the default. The application data folder and data folders to be precise pointed to some other location rather than the %userprofile% in the documents and settings folders.

This led the installation of office to complete without unattended.mst but when mst was included the fault recurred.

I simply reset the location of data folders and all worked well.

I hope it helps you!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you still get stuck, append this to your command line:

/L*v\"%temp%\pcsinst.log\"

It will create a log file in verbose mode called pcinst.log in your temp directory.

You can open up the log and review for errors.