7zip extract to %ProgramFiles% problem

CypherBit

I'm trying to use the below code to extract the content of FileZilla.exe (a 7-zip SFX archive) to %ProgramFiles%:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Performing Additional Tasks" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\FileZilla.exe -y /q /r:n -o%programfiles%" /f

It gets added to my RunOnceEx (in registry) no problem but when I reboot and the extraction should begin it extracts to C:\Program not C:\Program Files.

I thought I'll just enclose in inverted commas like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\FileZilla.exe -y /q /r:n -o"%programfiles%" "

and the problem will be solved but that doesn't work. It does't even get added to RunOnceEx (-o"%programfiles%" doesn't work as well) .

I could naturally put the content of FileZilla.exe in a Program Files folder and add it to archive like that then just extract to %systemdrive% but that really shouldn't be necessary.

Could anyone help me out with this one, what am I doing wrong?

It's a simple archive containing config files. I used:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\FileZilla.exe -y -o%%programfiles%%" /f

It got added to my registry, I rebooted and the archive was extracted to a folder named %programfiles% on C:\ . It didn't get extracted to %programfiles% (C:\Program Files) but it created a folder %programfiles% on C:\ .

Again any advice is greatly appreciated.

A good friend of mine found a solution for this one. He searched the 7-zip forums and came accross a post mentioning quote mixing. This is the solution he provided:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\FileZilla.exe -y -o\"%programfiles%\"" /f

It worked in all of the quick tests I threw at it for now, %appdata%, %systemdrive%.

Thank you Rambler, I searched extensively just didn't occur to me it was a RunOnceEx problem, thought it was 7-zip related...meaning I searched in the wrong places.

What you posted sure explains the fact I was getting abnormal program termination if I used that syntax from cmd line. The \ infront of -o clearly isn't needed if it's not used in RunOnceEx.

Think (hope) I won't need any further assistance with this one ;)