Help For A N00b Please?

Biohead

I'll cut the story short and tell you that smacking a laptop hard disc is not good for it.

I'm picking up a new HDD tomorrow and wondered whether I should install longhorn 4074 as a main OS or even as my secondary OS.

Currently I am using XP pro as main and ME as my secondary OS.

And is there the option of being able to delete one of the languages in my ISO (I think it's polish) so it would fit onto a standard CD? I really don't want to attempt to overburn using a 3 year old laptop.

I'll cut the story short and tell you that smacking a laptop hard disc is not good for it.

I'm picking up a new HDD tomorrow and wondered whether I should install longhorn 4074 as a main OS or even as my secondary OS.

Currently I am using XP pro as main and ME as my secondary OS.

And is there the option of being able to delete one of the languages in my ISO (I think it's polish) so it would fit onto a standard CD? I really don't want to attempt to overburn using a 3 year old laptop.

Thanks, but I think we all knew that already.

There is no way in hell anyone would recommend a pre-Alpha OS as a primary operating system.

Definitely stick with XP as primary and dump Me for Longhorn. Heh, LH is about as stable as Me.

Removing components from LH is difficult because everything is packed into a WIM file.

• 4 weeks later...

I got hold of it from a friend of mine who had a disk.

I now cannot get sound as there obviously no drivers for my audio device. I also have 5048 which is much quicker but still have the sound problems.

I am using a standard Toshiba Satellite Pro 4320 laptop, with an upgraded HDD.