Give A Dumb N00b Some Help

Hey there, guys!

I just downloaded some partition software, made myself a brand-new primary partition, and now I'm wondering how I can use it to test my XPCD.

Do I just boot with the XPCD in, and choose that new partition as the one I want to install Windows to?

I'm using PowerQuest Partition Magic 8.0, and my XPCD only asks me where I want to install WinXP to, then is Unattended from there...

Thanks for any ideas! (A basic walkthrough would be really helpful, as you guys tend to make assumptions about what people know, and I don't know much, as is obvious by my post!)

Thanks again!

I wanted to be able to test whether my drivers work or not, too. But, I guess I already tested that successfully the hard way: by formatting everything and reinstalling with my XPCD! It was Take 3 for me, and it worked like a charm, basic drivers and everything going in just like I told it to. So maybe now I'll just use VMware (VPC was way slow) to test... I use CD-RWs anyway...

What I don't have is very much HD space, and I like the idea of a totally self-contained partition that I can test away in and then format and re-merge with my main partition down the line. I hate getting cluttered up on my main drive (it's why I like to reinstall windows!).

Thanks for the help, though, guys. Now I have the info that I need to start making decisions.