Usb Support In Win98se

amorf

Is it possible to use an usb devices support like winxp in win98 ??

For example...i plug in a digital camera and it's being recognized as a removable disk without drivers..Just like winxp :))))..So can anyone help me with this one ??? ;)

Thanks in advance guys :thumbup

unfortunately windows 98 se does not have that usb mass storage device driver built in like xp/2000/me does,windows me has that feature but xp's,implementation is quite better, win 98 se you need drivers no matter what,if say you had the lexar media jumpdrive elite,it supports windows 98 se up to xp but for windows 98 se you need drivers,the rest you don't because the mass storage driver is built into win me and onwards where on 98 se it is not,if you install the windows 98 se sp 2.0 rc1 it adds it but you may still need drivers.hope this helps.

Is it possible to use an usb devices support like winxp in win98 ??

I dunno :(. I use many USB devices in 98 SE but I always install the drivers first.

Also, I have a USB harddrive but it does not work in 98 or XP unless drivers are installed first.

Hello, I have some win98se computers i have installed "UNOFFICIAL Windows98 Second Edition Service Pack 1.6.2 (Freeware)" on and indeed it did add plug and play USB support.

I have had a couple instances where i have plugged a usb memory stick in and it picks it up and says it installs the drivers etc. but when i go into my computer it doesn't show the drive. With other drives it goes through the exact same procedure and works just fine.

An example of a problem drive would be IOMEGA mini Drive 128mb.

Any input is greatly apriciated!

Shamrock

• 2 weeks later...

I Recently got the external usb device from transcend usa the panel they provided the drivers for windows 98 and me now iam able to use them in my win98 systems. now problem this even work well in windows 2000.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the "Maximus Decim Native USB ver.2.0", filename is nusb20e.exe. Installs extensive support for storage devices (card readers, pendrives, flash drives, etc).

Been using it at work on 40ish workstations, had people come in with all sorts of wierd stuff. Worked on most of them. One 5-in-1 card reader caused a crash when I stuck it in a p4p800 mobo, but it worked like a charm on a p4p8x. Go figure.

Think I got it from one of the forums here. Try searching for it.