Mysql Installation

i installed Mysql using the installer, and had set up everything with the wizard. everything looks like it was running properly, but when i use the test script, it doesn't work, it just displays a blank page. im new to Mysql, trying to learn how it works. i looked around, cant find a way to add users and stuff.... i installed it using the Mysql installer "mysql-4.1.9-win32.zip". does anyone know of a good guide that goes step by step how to install Mysql?

thanks

Hello sven,

I'd say that you got MySQL installed fine, and the problem actually lies elsewhere. What script is it that you're trying to run (for testing)? If its a php script and your server is apache, its very likely that the connectivity between php and your mysql is not been configured yet.

If you're only beginning out, may I suggest another solution? Remove your old install, and check out XAMPP.

They have all that is needed, is simple to use, has regular updates, and has a good support forum. Does that package do what you need?

i got it to work, i changed the install directory. the service was starting but then stopping, and i look through the Mysql help forums, and around page 7 or 8 there was something about that problem. once i reinstalled it, it works perfectly. stupid programs have to be so picky lol

• 1 month later...