Roxio (un)easycd 5 And $oem$ Naming Conventions

Easy cd creator-5 Won't allow $OEM$.Changes it to _OEM_.I'm s.o.l. with $$ also.

Had been able to get an install (XP2 W/SP2) to work temporarily with problems using Joliet instead of ISO 9660.I think I've work my bugs out and I'm getting a new error message and I'm wondering if it's due to using Joliet?

ERROR:SETUP CANNOT COPY THE FILE nvraid.sys.

Does anyone have any clues on this?

When install first begins I'm able (intentionally) to F6 and specify my raid drivers.

After format is when problem begins- I'm wondering if it's due to my crappy cd burning prog?This is my 5th disk and I'm tired of burning coasters.I've got a killer system and I can't get loaded...Help.

Thanks,R

Hi

You should, definately, get "CDimage_gui" to build your ISO. (There are other's but this one's free).

It's very intuitive and easy to use.

After you build the ISO, you can then, burn it in Easy CD, choosing "Burn Image File" or something alike.

Search through the forum, you''ll find many posts that reference "cdimage".

Good luck

Thanks, for the help with CDImage.I burned an ISO image and I still have the same problem.

Right after format BEFORE the text load begins I get the error :

Setup cannot copy the file nvraid.sys.

What could I have messed up?I looked at my winnt.sif file and everything looks fine.I'm at a loss to understand why I can't load a driver at the beginning of my install.

I re-burned my raid driver disk (to floppy).

I removed DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates=yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

UnattendSwitch="yes"

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=*

These are the first 2 sections of my Winnt.sif file. Is there anything wrong with this?What should I check next?

I read your string.

I don't want to go thru that if I don't have to.

I have now spent 2 weeks working on this ,and I have a A8N-SLI DELUXE sitting here raided with 2 sata ncq drives, with a custom watercooling setup with cpu & northbridge watercooled, and a separate

rad (cooling system) just for video card.

I'm a newbie here.I want a clean install without all the ms fluff and my regtweaks file included.

What do I need to do to manually setup my raid drivers, have my registry tweaks installed and (optional) have my user accounts set up

(I know cmdlines.txt ,regtweaks.reg,useraccounts.cmd, is in $OEM$.

I can lose the rest.I'll work on this further when I get my new system up and running.

I'm already pressing F6 to install - my problem is after that - after format at beginning of text mode install when it reinstalls the drivers.

Do I have to lose cmdlines.txt or can I put it somewhere else?

Same question for regtweaks,and useraccounts.cmd?

the stuff in your $OEM$ folder are not even touched yet. cmdlines.txt does not get executed until the gui part of setup, so don't worry about that or anything else that it calls.

step by step... this is what i understand happens. please correct me if i'm wrong.

: cd boots, and starts installing the basic drivers, i.e. keyboard, floppy, some scsi etc.,

: a message displays at the bottom, "Press F6 if you have to install 3rd party SCSI drivers" or something to that effect.

:You press F6, so it goes through the rest of its thing, and then asks you to insert a floppy

: with the floppy inserted you press enter. It looks for txtsetup.oem. If it finds it correctly, it should display some description of the SATA driver that matches your hardware.

: You press enter or whatever to install the files.

: it then asks you to pick your filesystem (and I believe how you want it formatted as well), so you do

: after it's done formatting it should start "copying files for windows installation" (mind you, the floppy should still be in the drive)

-> Is it at that step you're having issues?

:it should then tell you it's copying additional files (your $OEM$ directory) and then reboot the PC

Does your BIOS expect the SATA controller those drives are plugged into to be raided or standard?

ultimately, you may have to abandon the unattended setup for now if you really want windows installed right away and don't want to deal with this problem you're having. You can just run your regtweaks from a windows desktop.

I've turned off OEMPREINSTALL(set to no) that solved my driverload problem as raskren suggested.Windoes now sees the raid drivers at the beginning of text mode setup.I'm now getting a BSOD at the end of my install.

***Stop:0XOOOOOO24(0X00190203,0X863C8008,0XC00000102,0X00000000)

Disable or Uninstall any antivirus(none loaded),disk defrag or back-up utilities

(shouldn't have any running). Run CHKDSK /F to check for hd corruption (did drives ok - even did scandisk o.k. also) Then restart.

MS says it's due to ntfs.sys file corruption ? The only things I have related to NTFS is a reg edit to speed up ntfs.

;Speed up NTFS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]

"Win31FileSystem"=dword:00000000

"Win95TruncatedExtensions"=dword:00000001

"NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate"=dword:00000001

I left my regtweaks.reg file in my $OEM$ folder with cmdlines text and useraccounts.cmd file as I was able to get those to load before.

It seems as if even if your not doing OemPreInstall=yes(set to no) it still sees and installs everything in your $OEM$ folder - it just doesn't go lower down the tree.I don't know why I'm getting this error now.

Here is my Winnt.sys

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates=yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=No

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=*

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=20

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

FullName="X"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=X

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

YResolution=768

Vrefresh=60

AutoConfirm=1

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[Proxy]

Proxy_Enable=0

Use_Same_Proxy=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

zonegames=off

AccessOpt=off

chat=off

Anything obvious?

during textmode setup, there are no reg entries applied to your system because at that point, there is no system. Nothing inherently in the $OEM$ folder (unless it's a corrupt system file) would be causing this error. And by turning off OEMPreinstall, you have told XP setup to bypass your $OEM$ folder anyway.

in any case, those ntfs tweaks have nothing to do with the .sys file. That file is probably missing or corrupt. Does MS give any direction on how to rectify the problem?

to me it's sounding more and more like a bad source CD, but we'll see i suppose