Stupid Atx Vs Matx...

Zxian

Grr... Very Grr..

I just headed out to the local NCIX depot to see if I could get a new case/PS for my girlfriend's old computer. The guy at NCIX said that some problems that I was having were probably due to a shoddy power supply. Since a new PS costs $40-70 anyways, why not just get one that comes with a case?

So I did... and guess what... the case that I opted for is meant for mATX motherboards... while I have an ATX mobo... BAH!!!

And the store isn't open tomorrow... so that means that I'll have to return it on Monday... after all my classes... *grumble*

Just a little vent session there....

Good choice, only I don’t like the thin doors, although I must say that the doors here in my cybercafé still didn’t break after 16 months of use while customers are opening them a lot to use floppy and DVD (Yes, they still live 20 years back here ;) ).

The cases I use are the LanBoy I, also from Antec B) with Enermax power supplies (had to use other ones then the original ones, because I imported them from Holland and those ones are only made for 230V .)

Had to bump this and agree with puntoMX

I have the Antec Super Lan Boy with a Antec TruePower 430W PSU and although it cost me around £100 - its well nice.

Previously, my case was a Antec Performance II Series full tower - the very very tall and roomy ones - which I still have but unfortuntely the psu died one day. Might rehouse my little crappy pc when i get another psu and time to do it hehe

Also, have built a fair few computers with Antec cases - the uk version of the one you are refering to as i recall or one similar to it - and have never had a problem with it.

Definately a good choice :)

You pay the moneys, you gets a stable system hehe ;)

Regards,

Nath.

Hey everyone,

I just returned the case yesterday and picked up the Antec case mentioned... WOW!

This case looks really nice and I'm truly surprised by the amount of space inside. The screwless drive rail system that this case has was a little confusing, as well as the fact that the mounting screws for the mobo were totally different than those that were in the old case (the old case had press-fit mountings vs screws in the new case).

I'm truly stunned by how quiet the case is as well... almost all HD noise is gone due to the rubber dampers, and the PS is deadly quiet as well. The loudest part of the computer is the CPU fan...

The nice thing about this case for me is the fact that I can upgrade it very easily. There's plenty of space inside and lots of room to adjust the cables for ample ventilation. That's another nice point about it... In the old case, the CPU temps were about 54C (130F) at idle and about 65C (150F) at load... a bit high for my likes. Now it's at 45C at idle and 54C at load... much better for an Athlon 1333MHz.

Cheers!