Help With Unattended Install From Multiboot Dvd

mmainio

Hello,

I'm working on my first multiboot dvd with easyboot and it's ok so far.

Now i put winxppro with sp2 integrated into my multiboot dvd according to Flyakite's multiboot guide. So my folder structure is similar than in AIODVD.

The "normal" xppro+sp2 -installation went fine with multiboot dvd. But then i tried my unattended installation and it didn't work at all. It didn't find sata-drivers + it started normal installation.

I have totally different folders for both - bootfolders like XPFI vs XPUA and setupfolders like XPPRO vs XPPROUA.

Later ... i give up and put my unattended i386 + $OEM$ (changed that into _OEM_) into the root of the disc and no problem. However i'd like to know wtf went wrong...

Couple questions concerning unattended:

1. changing setup-path in txtsetup.sif - does that cover everything or should i change the path in winnt.sif (path for oempnpdrivers) and what about the paths in runonceex for example?

2. winnt.sif, txtsetup.sif - only in bootfolder or also in setupfolder?

3. satadrivers - i have integrated these according to raskren's guide Unattended install, SATA drivers, and NO Floppy.... Do these need some changes when putting in a multibootdisk like putting something in bootfolder etc?

4. and folder name: $OEM$ - in harddisk it's like that but when i make the unattended.iso with cdimage (isocreator) it's like _OEM_. But now when i do my multiboot.iso in easyboot then the folder is $OEM$ - why? And is that bad for paths?

Long story but maybe somebody can help - i would really appreciate it ...

1.SetupSourcePath changes the location it looks for the setup files. Think of it's "ROOT" folder as a seperate CD. The SetupSourcePath just says, "The CD is really here!". So the structure is EXACTLY the same as on a normal CD, just within a folder on the multiboot. That make sense? This means EACH unattended windows you have on the Multiboot needs it's own $OEM$ folder. The only way around this, would be to have a script copy the files over during Setup, from the CD and this gets tricky.

2. WINNT.SIF should go in the BOOT folder.

3. The RAID drivers didn't load most likely as they weren't in the TXTSETUP file in the BOOT folder. My suggestion, is get a normal working CD, then Multiboot it. The RAID drivers may not make it over, as they might not be listed in the SETUPDISC section of TXTSETUP.SIF. To overcome this, just redo the process for the BOOT folder (same editing and copying of driver files).

4. It's the file system used to create the disk. Joliet/Extended Joliet should work fine. If you're using CDIMAGE, -j1 is the switch. If you go to the Unattended Guide ( http://unattended.msfn.org ) and look at the CDIMAGE page in the Reference section, there's a GUI for CDIMAGE that may be of use as well.