Installshield Question

friends

i am having a strange problem

i have created setup.iss file for jet audio 6 retail and it has installed successfully

but the problem is that it is installing in same drive i.e G Drive which i had mentioned during setup.exe -R

and during the unattended installation it is also installing in G Drive whereas i am installing my unattended xp in H Drive

moreover i have tried changing this line in jetaudio setup.iss file

szDir=F:\Program Files\JetAudio
to
szDir=\Program Files\JetAudio

but i want that the setup should install in the systemdrive\program files folder on the same drive where the windows is installed

tell me how to use systemdrive attribute or variable in installation path

@ the time u install the app into the U.A CD, have u already installed the InstallShield runtime?

this is the only thing I can think of... thats why installshield sucks, cuz u need a runtime instead of a clean MSI.

I guess I am gonna get some upset answers to this one ;)

if u omit the drive i would predict the installer to install to the drive where you loaded it from (and obviously it does).

maybe

szDir=%systemdrive%\Program Files\JetAudio

In my experience, setup.iss doesn't accept system variables. So %systemdrive% will not work. Try using a specific path.

And if you delete the szDir, your setup will probably fail.

I'm not 100% sure about this, so please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I ran in to the same problem when trying to set up another InstallShield program. I adapted a workaround from an earlier thread that vcBlackBox directed me to. You can find my thread here. I will be updating it shortly (tonight) with some additional information I have been meaning to add.

Hope this helps.