Default User .reg

ok, if change all my "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" reg tweaks to "HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT\", does it will make all tweaks to default user?

Cause if it work... ill remove my regedit /s tweaks.reg in my cmdlines.txt!

What do you think about that? :)

The user in the context of the setup is the DEFAULT user (at t-12, when parsing through cmdlines.txt)

So, firstly, it doesn't matter which way u appy

using HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT\

bcoz both are the same for the setup at t-12..

Secondly, u have to apply the tweaks at t-12, that too before the ceration of any user account. Bcoz, the settings from the DEFAULT user get copied to any new user created, so it is best the apply the tweaks at t-12, unless u plan to create users after GUIRUNONCE, which is very awck.

Hope this helps :thumbup

ok, ill explain you why i ask that.

Im a IT , so i install ALOTS off computer of differents clients... some are french or english ,OEM or retail... hehe

So i always use the CD of my clients ... SO! i cannot use cmdlines.txt cause no one are able to tell my if there a way to make it from a floopy disk ( with my winnt.sif on it).

That why i ask this question. If HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT can work... so i can logon the first time with the admin and apply this tweak.... and when ill log with the fist account, all will me ok.

Hehe, this is a little tricky!

Whatever ur doing is all very nice (not tricky at all)

But, be sure to create new user accounts only after applying tweaks on the DEFAULT user (whenever - at t-12 or at first logon as Admin user)

And btw, if u are not creating uA cd's and using original windows setup cd's where do u have ur $OEM$ folder for installing "ALOTS" of software ?..lol

First of all, just bear in mind that if you apply the keys to 'default user' from Admin account, then this will mean that none of the Admin account will be affected by the changes.

To be honest, that's not a bad thing since if the Admin account is used properly, then it shouldn't need the usual 'user tweaks'.

Secondly FeTT!, are you saying that the advice I gave in the post you linked to works? or have you indeed found a working solution.

Secondly FeTT!, are you saying that the advice I gave in the post you linked to works? or have you indeed found a working solution.

It dont work(maybe i make a mistake?)

Ill give another today or tomorrow.... But ill surely call Microsoft this week....

Just apply your tweaks twice:

First with USERS\.DEFAULT and second with CURRENT USER.

so these tweaks will apply to all users.

Some system specific tweaks do however need to be applied to LOCAL MACHINE. Don't change these regtweaks or they will not work

You can do all your tweaks and settings (Quicklaunch and more)On a clean Windows XP.

Sign in with a differt User and go to C:\Documents and Settings\User (Not DEFAULT USER) and copy NTUSER.DAT to $OEM$\$Docs\Default User\ Than with setup all your settings will be done