Backup Gpos

jpatto

I have been already using GPMC from MS and after reading the help file few months back i remember it saying "right click the GPO and select BackUp" - but i didnt have the option BackUp - is this what your referring to? if not could you please explain as the BackUp option is not available to me for some stupid reason.

Thanks

I have been already using GPMC from MS and after reading the help file few months back i remember it saying "right click the GPO and select BackUp" - but i didnt have the option BackUp - is this what your referring to? if not could you please explain as the BackUp option is not available to me for some stupid reason.

Thanks

I remember reading some posts from people that have same problem, and one solution was to run gpmc on the server and then try to backup gpo

I had the same problem but didnt find a way to resolve. Klasika please coudl you explain what you mean by
to run gpmc on the server and then try to backup gpo

How is this done?

thx

just install gpmc on the server and run it from there ... once in gpmc, expand forest, then domain, click on Group Policy Object, then right click on Default Domain Policy and then Back up ...