Colouring Stickied Topics Differently

prathapml

What I mean is.....

Let's say you go into the "Unattended Windows" forum and are viewing the indexed list of topics.

The links to stickied topics should then be displayed in a different color. For example, all are listed in black, so stickied topics in blue or green is what I'd look for. The reason being no one looks into stickied topics.

I hope I can get my idea across....

Any way to do this?

r u going to do this on your own forum, bc unless xper wants something like that in the forums i don't think u have much to change .

and i think xper already knows a lot about php. so it should be fairly easy for him.

anyways for ibp v1

go to skin & templates

manage skin sets

html templates

forum index sections

PINNED TOPIC ENTRY <-- this modifies the word "pinned" nothing else

add <font color='color_code_here'> and append a </font> to the end of it.

this will look like: this if its red

Pinned: this is a pinned topic okay?

to change the color of the text i've to look at the css

check here if u want

http://www.xtrememac.net/forum/index.php?showforum=2

well i can think of a way to justify this problem but b4 that since u've bought ipb u can go and ask them for help maybe they're already have it or tell them to implement it...

ok the hard and long way of doing things

create code in the css name it .rowpinned put your stuff in there

change the coding of the forum to show .rowpinned on the pinned instead of .row4 and then u'll be able to join the ipb coder team :D

why is this such a big issue, if u really really do think that ppl look at those stickies when this is done u could just change the font and size of "sticky: " title i think that'd help a little. otherwise i think ppl just don't like reading...instead they want to get to the answer right away.

there are many hacks to ipb, but i'm not willing to search for any....unless prathapml calms down and see's that we're trying to help him not bother him, he could also probably mention that he has already went over these b4 and looking for alternative solutions, i don't think anyone on the board has the ability to analyze your mind remotely unless u give specific details.

your question is like: i want to write an os how can i do that, sort of thing, the reader doesn't know anything about what u know about programming so they cannot give u pointers!

got it?

Contrary to the impression some people get about this forum, the fact actually is that every well-established forum always has its long-time members moaning about the newbies' lack of searching and forum-sticky reading capability.

is it just me, or do people totally ignore stickies?

seems like more and more people are ignoring Stickies and Announcements. i mean, how many posts about "parse error on line 758" is it going to take before someone reads the #$@%%#@ stickie???

*sigh*

don't know how you could possibly make them more noticeable.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4832