Sms/email When A Server Goes Down?

decoy5657

I have a few servers that are in trouble right now... I'd like a program that can constantly ping them, and when one of them becomes unreachable to send me an email via an SMTP server that I have onsite.

Has anyone ever done something like this?

p.s. the software will need to run on a windows 2003 server machine..

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Site Kick

Is your website alive? Always?

Even when you don't look? SiteKick is a software application that constantly monitors the availability of your website. Or any number of websites for that matter. Whenever it finds that the site is inaccessible, SiteKick gives you a warning, a beep or SMS to your cell phone. It does what you want it to do. So that you need not worry whether your site is still alive.

And there is more:

--  blah-blah--

hoping this helps...

http://www.webceo.com/

Web CEO - Web Promotion Software That Maintains and Analyzes Websites

Web CEO is the world's best software package of ten tools that helps you promote your site in search engines, intelligently analyze your visitors, and easily maintain your online estate. With Web CEO you will be able to: 

Research your keywords

Optimize your site for high rankings in search engines

Submit your URLs to search engines

Check your rankings with search engines

Know who links to your site and competition

Pinpoint broken links and other errors on your site

Edit your Web pages in the WYSIWYG mode

Upload HTML and other files to your server

Monitor your website to know if it is up or down

Track and analyze your visitors, ad campaigns, transactions, revenues, etc. with more than 120 live analytical reports 

Alchemy Eye is the perfect solution to your problem.

SiteKick//WebCEO is for monitoring web-servers, not network application/file servers.

They use a tracking code which u have to insert in the "web-page" of ur website.

For application/print/file/other local servers or computer on ur network accessing the net via gateway u need alchemy eye to be installed on the gateway ;)

Alchemy Eye 6.6

This network management tool continuously monitors server availability. When network errors occur, Alchemy Eye can alert the network administrator by e-mail, cell phone or pager BEFORE disaster strikes. If a server does go down, Alchemy Eye automatically notifies the network administrator and writes a detailed log file.