Codecs For Win Media Player10

raza

hey i want to know that im unable to play avi extension files on my win media player 10 it says u need indeo or some other codecs but b4 i could play them without the need of the above mentioned codecs .help me what should i do?

Órale, raza!!!!!

Homes, do you mean you used to be able to play that avi in particular or avis in general?

Depending on who creates a particular avi, it can require different codecs to play.... and wmp can have issues playing some avis, since MS has wanted to do away with them for its own format in wmp-- you may have to play some avis with one of these: DivX / XviD / 3ivx

and/or your Intel Indeo codec may have gotten corrupted. You could try updating your mobo dowloads at Intel, even get the Intel App Accelerator...

edit: url correction, don't know what that other link was:For sure you can fix this by downloading the: K-Lite Mega Codec Pack Review & Download

home/description which contains the most up=to=date Indeo, wmp10 codecs for wmp9, etc. ... & those 3 other players mentioned, among other stuff-- you can pick & choose to install whatever you want in that pack......

YMMV as to whether that particular avi will then play well in wmp or you will need to use another player...

Simón....... Vato Loco forever.......................

Corrected URLs for home & review: i'm not on the take & do not spam, i had just quickly googled for the link-- there's plenty of hijacking/stealing going-- i've actually posted this app numerous times here w/o a hitch befor this. BTW all packs are free, whether labeled Lite, Full, Mega, Skatá, whatever, it's a better package....

raza, i'd reinstall or update wmp, install the extra codecs........

edit: url correction:

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack Review & Download

description/home