unattended application cd

Snarfonz

Hiya,

First off I hope this is the right place to post this. I looked around and read about installing applications. I am still confused however. I would like to make a CD of applications that I use all the time and have them install automatically. I'm not really interesed in unattended Windows installation, just the third party applications. Can someone please tell me which program I can use to do this with? Thanks for the help.

funilly enough....it's the EXACT same process

Well, it's slightly different as kick starting the install process is different, but as for what to use...it's the same.

1. Batch Script

2. RunOnceEX from CD (you'll need the rundll32 command to prevent a reboot)

3. WPI

4. WIHU

5. XPLODE

All will suit your needs. Just choose what you like. (I suggest Batch Script till your get the hang of the switches).

If you want the CD to autoinstall the programs upon insertion

[Autorun]
open=batch.cmd

With batch.cmd being your batch code, or if you use any others, replace batch.cmd with the proper line.

seems the start/wait doesn't work once windows is loaded tho

at least not from the run command, maybe it would from a batch file.

I'm still a bit of a b00n with that, as I've rarely tried unattended software installs.

but the batch file could be copied to the hard drive, and modified to only install the software one wished.

I usually just echo out the command lines I don't wish to install, thus saving loss of install lines