HKCU and reg.exe

Viper999

I need to modify HKCU as a power user in XP. Is there a way to load the enclosed regfile using the reg.exe command in a batch file. Would I be able to modify the ntuser.dat in c:\documents and setting\xxxxx\NTUSER.dat profile. I only need to modify one profile.

Lock.reg

Basicaly it load the NTUSER.DAT (wich is the current_user branch you chose) into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

You can do that the regedit.exe with "file-->load hive" then selecting a name for you loaded branch.....

Then you can impot registry tweaks as you want....

But because the change you want to do are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\User you got to change in your registry file HKEY_CURRENT_USER to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\User

Sorry Im am confused.. The reg file I attached needs to modify hkcu I dont understand

how to use the reg command to get that accomplished. I need to import the attached reg file to a specific profile. I know the path to the profile iI need to modify. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry I am having a mental block. Can I reach you by phone this is really bugging me... My email address at work is james.m.cease@slma.com

Thanks,

Here is your modified file

so your command should be (if you dont changed the location for user's profile

REG LOAD "HKLM\User" "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT"

REG IMPORT "lock.reg"

REG UNLOAD "HKLM\User"

As you'll see in your reg file...i changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\User

This will allow you to change settings for the default user.....

Lock.reg

Using the procedure i've replying you does that automatically...if you want to add HKLM\User you got to it with the regedit.... see my second reply.......

Put the procedure ive send you in a .cmd file and put your reg file in the same directory and it should works....

Thank you!